STARFACE UCC Client for Windows, Version 6.5, Build 188.8.131.525
The technical change history contains a more detailed view of the changes in the new version. The installers (as MSI and EXE files) can be found on the STARFACE Downloads page.
The STARFACE UCC Client for Windows requires Windows 7 or higher
- Screen-Sharing has been implemented. The contents of a display can now be shared with call participants.
- Remote Control has been implemented. Call participants can now be given permission to control the user's mouse and keyboard.
- The "Encryption" padlock symbol has been removed from the call manager, as all calls with the UCC Client are encrypted automatically.
- The primary telephone device is now the first device in the selection dropdown [Call#Forum]
- The installation of the UCC Client for Windows no longer requires the installation of the Visual C++ 2015 Runtime.
- The error message displayed when logging in to the client with a user that does not have the server permission "UCI" has been improved.
- The chat window now scrolls when selecting text when the cursor moves over the top or bottom edge of the chat window.
- The default Internet Explorer browser engine used by the UCC Client for Windows has been updated.
- Logging configuration has been simplified and moved to the Expert Mode.
- The call manager now only displays up to 30 pre-defined function keys. [Call#1074129]
Developer comment: We found that too many function keys could drastically slow down the client, which is why we reduced the maximum number displayed to 30.
- Audio and Video codecs can now be configured in the client's Expert Mode.
Developer comment: A comprehensive list of available codecs can be found in the documentation.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when accessing the Client via an RDP session in rare circumstances. [Call#1076606]
- Fixed a bug that caused timestamps to be displayed incorrectly after changing the time-zone of the computer. [Call#1074141]
- Fixed a bug that caused the Outlook Connector to fail to load if a SMARTCRM Add-in was previously loaded. [Call#1061543]
- Fixed a bug that could cause a blind transfer via Drag & Drop to fail.
- Fixed a bug that caused the received video stream in the call manager to only display a part of the screen during a video call.
- Fixed a bug that caused a login to fail when logged in to a Samba3 Domain on the computer [Call#1070372]
- Fixed a bug that could cause the connection between Outlook and the UCC Client to be disrupted when accessing the computer via Remote Desktop. [Call#1077181]
- Fixed a bug that caused some character sequences in URL Hyperlinks to be interpreted as emoticons.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the client to fail to answer a waiting call. [Call#1078075]
- Fixed a bug that led to the client not displaying an error when sending an IM while the client was offline.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the client to not send audio to a headset if the volume of a secondary device was changed in Windows. [Call#1078798]
- Fixed a bug that caused clients on very slow computers to be unable to place or answer phone calls. [Call#Forum]
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the TAPI line to be not available when the client started.
- Fixed a bug that caused new call list entries via outlook to no be resolved correctly. [Call#6901645]